SOLOS’ vision is to positively influence this and future generations to be informed and responsible users of digital technology.
SOLOS promotes the safe and responsible use of all forms of digital communications and social media through education that is research-based and pro-technology.
- We will take a positive, developmentally – appropriate approach to the information in all presentations, materials and on-line resources
- Our work will reflect current research, evolving practices and be research-based.
- We will seek to understand and incorporate the perspectives of children and youth concerning their experiences of life online.
- We will engage parents, caregivers and professionals to be resources to children and youth in safely and responsibly navigating their online lives.
- We will adhere to the values and principles set out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The Safe OnLine Outreach Society is a federal charitable organization (Canada #86021 9641 RR0001) and a registered non-profit society (British Columbia #S45067).